Friday, November 6, 2009

Beatles Box

I succumbed to temptation a couple of weeks back and got the stereo version of the CD box set of all the remastered Beatles albums. I'd been buying most of my music by download lately, so it was great to have a physical thing for a change. All the albums come in replica sleeves, with a nice booklet containing lots of info and photos; they've also included the extra that came with the old albums, like the lyric sheet for the White Album. Very nice packaging job !

I haven't had time to do much listening yet, but I can definitely hear an improvment over the old CDs, even on my computer speakers. Everything is much clearer and more separated; in general it's almost as if a band from today was playing the songs all over again in a state of the art studio.

More on the details when I've had some time to listen to everything; in the meantime, see if you want to put the new digital apple on your Christmas list !

No comments:

Post a Comment